1. Use the real name of your company. Add one or two keywords if your company name has no keywords in it. (eg. Trendy is the real name and they are a women’s shoe store. Use Trendy Women’s Shoes.
2. Use your real address and make sure it is the same everywhere it appears. Put the address on the front page of your website.
3. Use a local phone number, not an 0800 number. Make sure it is the same number that appears on the front page of your website and elsewhere on the web.
4. When choosing the category for your company, use one that Google suggests for the top category. For the other four, use Google suggestions or make up your own.
5. Upload photos and pictures. The first one should be a picture that will look good as an icon, as it will appear to the left of your listing on the inside MAPS.
6. Upload videos. They will help to make Google Happy. Use any video about what you do. Does not have to be a video you produced.
7. Use the additional information boxes at the bottom of the listing form. You can use links in these boxes to your blog, Facebook, etc.
8. Create a Coupon. Can’t hurt. Might actually get some sales from them
9. Set up your business in a New Google Account. Don’t put it in your personal Google Account, another business Google Account, or a 3rd party vendor’s Google Account.
10. Get reviews. Lots of them. Ask friends, family, and your best customers to review you.